Here you may find further information and material on merger control.
- Further information material
- Legislation and notices of the Bundeskartellamt
- Guidance notes
- Model texts
- European merger control and international cooperation
Further information material
- Information leaflet on German merger control (currently under revision)
- Information brochure "The Bundeskartellamt in Bonn. Organisation, Tasks and Activities"
- Case database (official decisions and case summaries on major cases)
- Activity reports of the Bundeskartellamt
Legislation and notices of the Bundeskartellamt
- German Act against Restraints of Competition (German Competition Act, GWB)
- Guidance document on substantive merger control
- Guidance on Remedies in Merger Control
- Information leaflet on procedures for post-merger notification (German version)
- Notice on the effects of the second domestic turnover threshold on the exemption rules for the acquisition of real estate (German version)
- Best practices for expert economic opinions
Guidance on Transaction Value Thresholds for Mandatory Pre-merger Notification (July 2018)
Comments submitted during consultation of the guidance can be accessed here.
There is no set format for the notification of a merger at the Bundeskartellamt, notifications can be made informally.
Model texts for commitments and trustee mandate in merger control proceedings:
- Model text for conditions precedent (up-front buyer)
- Model text for conditions subsequent
- Model text for obligations
- Model text for trustee mandate
European merger control and international cooperation
- EC Merger Regulation of 20 January 2004
- Written Statement of the German Ministry of Economics and Technology and the Bundeskartellamt on the Consultation Paper published by DG Competition on possible improvements to some aspects of the EC Merger Regulation (September 2013)
- You will find further information on European merger control on the homepage of the EU Commission, Directorate-General for Competition
- ICN: Merger Working Group (MWG)
- EU Merger Working Group: Best Practices on Cooperation between EU National Competition Authorities in Merger Review
- ECA Principles on the application of Articles 4 (5) and 22 of the EC Merger Regulation